[Typo3-dev] Information request about signed scripts

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.com
Thu Feb 10 20:53:15 CET 2005

Hi Karsten,

>>When the script is not allowed to copy or paste, you should get a JS
>>popup? Don't you get one?
>

> We get the popup, and it is the one from  your ext, not the standard one
> from Mozilla. So this works. But afterwards there's no question whether we
> want to allow installation of the software.
>
> Hm. Did you try this on Linux or Windows? Maybe it doesn't work on Linux for
> some reason...

Tested on Windows. So maybe this a variant behaviour of Mozilla on
Linux. I noticed that the behaviours of Mozilla and Firefox are also
different although both have their extension installation dialog.
I use InstallTrigger.install(xpi); Maybe this not adequate on Linux?
Anyone familiar with Mozilla extensions?

>>I use
>>$this->siteURL = t3lib_div::getIndpEnv('TYPO3_SITE_URL');
>>$contents = str_replace ( 'http://www.mozilla.org',
>>ereg_replace('.*\/$', substr($this->siteURL, 0,
>>strlen($this->siteURL)-1), $this->siteURL), $contents);
>

> This should to the same and is cleaner, IMHO:
>
> $this->siteURL = t3lib_div::getIndpEnv('TYPO3_REQUEST_HOST');
> $contents = str_replace ( 'http://www.mozilla.org', $this->siteURL
> $contents);

Thanks. Indeed cleaner. Works for me. Will try that on next version.
Still wonder why the substitution did not work in your case. Could it be
that on some server configurations the TYPO3_REQUEST_HOST variable is empty?

Regards,

Stanislas