[Typo3-dev] Information request about signed scripts

Martin Kutschker martin.t.kutschker at n0spam.blackbox.net
Fri Feb 11 10:04:45 CET 2005

"Stanislas Rolland" <stanislas.rolland at fructifor.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1108065162.4611.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

>> Hm. Did you try this on Linux or Windows? Maybe it doesn't work on Linux
>> for
>> some reason...
>>
> Tested on Windows. So maybe this a variant behaviour of Mozilla on Linux.
> I noticed that the behaviours of Mozilla and Firefox are also different
> although both have their extension installation dialog.
> I use InstallTrigger.install(xpi); Maybe this not adequate on Linux?
> Anyone familiar with Mozilla extensions?

On Linux you have the problem of local versus global install.

It's possible to install Mozilla/Firefox as a global app (as root) or local
for each user. If you have a global install it is (or was) the job of the
XPI author to detect a possible installation failure, when a user could not
install the extension in the global installation dir (rather like because of
lacking rights - root!). I recall some JS code that checks the result of the
normal install (global) and retries with a new path (local).

Ask on mozdev or check the install.js of other XPIs.

Masi