[Typo3-dev] idea: "collapsing modules"

Carla Froitzheim carla.froitzheim at web.de
Tue Feb 1 16:15:17 CET 2005

Hi Dmitry,

>No, usually it shows content with styles also... Just ignores most of them
>(pretty old browser). I link styles with standard LINK tag.

As the standard link tag is understood by NS4, he can read the styles
and that can make him stumble. I even had the case that it crashed and
the whole system was frozen.

>NS4 will not display page content he _thinks_ that something wrong with the
>table (omit </td> and check the result!). I checked page source, revalidated
>page using w3c validator, page is ok.  But NS4 still refuses to show it...
>
>Actually I do not think that it is a problem because I'll have to make the
>page "not-XHTML-valid" to make it appear correctly under NS4 :) I do not
>want to do it for less than 0.003% of users, who did not bother to use a
>modern browser :)

I in general exclude the old browsers (NS 4 and IE < 5) by using @import
instead of the link tag and I don´t have problems with xhtml sites in
NS4. He simply shows the naked content. And this should be enough for
0.003% of users.

Carla