[Typo3-dev] idea: "collapsing modules"

Carla Froitzheim carla.froitzheim at web.de
Tue Feb 1 14:47:18 CET 2005

Georg Rehfeld wrote:

> Following that article and it's references I even start to drop
> support in the frontend for older browsers ... IE 5.5 is definitely
> on my list to be dropped next for it's CSS box model quirks, requiring
> most ugly CSS hacks all over the place.

I you can afford to kick out users from your websites .... You don´t
need any hacks to deal with the box model bugs of IE 5 and 5.5. I think
it is not good to make browsers stumble by faulty css. Just make a small
additional style sheet - most of the times you even can use one for both
versions, link them in a conditional comment and it´s done.

Carla