[Typo3-dev] RFC: new condition ORIG_TYPO3_VERSION - call for volunteers

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Mon Dec 19 23:10:54 CET 2005

Hi Johannes,

>Right now
> it takes me most time to "choose" how to do things in typo3 than doing
> it actually ;)

thats an interesting sentence.

1) I'm a little surprised that you - considering you very long history with
TYPO3 - still spend time to choose how to do things since I though most
long-timers had their favourites defined already. Anyway, thats not my main
point....:

2) Providing "best-practice" or a golden path through TYPO3 for newbees is
something I have instinctively avoided - simply because I was too afraid of
pronoucing this or that way as THEE way (no, I don't mean Jesus this
time ;-)) because how would I know?
What I would like is that everyone who think people spend too much time
"choosing" how to do things instead of doing them, they should make sure to
join the up-coming usability/ease-of-use efforts that we will launch in
spring-2006 because thats our chance to distill all the wisdom you have out
there into a better TYPO3-experience in version 4.5!

- kasper