[Typo3-dev] RFC: new condition ORIG_TYPO3_VERSION - call for volunteers

Johannes Reichardt mailbox at gramba.net
Mon Dec 19 22:07:25 CET 2005

Hi Sebastian,

I think you are right in many ways but maybe the maintainability of
installations AND of typo3 would be better if there were tight guides
how to upgrade installations and therefore to take advantage of new ways
of coding. Also the quality of extensions etc.. would have to raise
since developers had to go for up-to-date standards for being
up-to-date. Not that things should be dropped too soon but as kasper
said at some point maybe just shouldnt be supported anymore. Right now
it takes me most time to "choose" how to do things in typo3 than doing
it actually ;)

- Johannes