[Typo3-dev] RFC: new condition ORIG_TYPO3_VERSION - call for volunteers

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Mon Dec 19 23:34:29 CET 2005

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> 2) Providing "best-practice" or a golden path through TYPO3 for newbees is
> something I have instinctively avoided - simply because I was too afraid of
> pronoucing this or that way as THEE way (no, I don't mean Jesus this
> time ;-)) because how would I know?
> What I would like is that everyone who think people spend too much time
> "choosing" how to do things instead of doing them, they should make sure to
> join the up-coming usability/ease-of-use efforts that we will launch in
> spring-2006 because thats our chance to distill all the wisdom you have out
> there into a better TYPO3-experience in version 4.5!

Hi Kasper and folks,

Things start to focus on the user interface more and more is my
experience. We are in a project where Rupert has provided a means to
customize the backend more (hide fields and buttons) and where the
fields of a ce are displayed in a tabbed manner like f.e. with tt_news.
This provides a very clean interface for lets say authors. I volunteer
for the usability/ease-of-use group ;-)

gRTz

ben
--