[Typo3-dev] frontendformslib

Nico de Haen typo3 at ndh-websolutions.de
Wed Dec 7 11:56:40 CET 2005

Hi Jerome,

as far as I can see, the ameos_formidable needs pretty much code for
usage (the XML configuration). One big andvantage of the $TCE is, that
you can get most of the information you need to render a form
from there.

So if I want a form for several fields of a table,

with frontendformslib you just need these lines:

$className = t3lib_div::makeInstanceClassName('tx_frontendformslib');
$formObj = new $className ($this);

$formObj->steps[1] =
$formObj->createStepConf(implode(',',$myFieldlis), $myTable, 'Header
1', 'Header 2');

... (optional mor steps, each generates a page with a form)...

$formObj->init();

if ($formObj->submitType == 'submit') {

	//do something

	$formObj->destroySessionData();

} else {

	$output .= $formObj->renderWholeForm();
}

If you want another form, all you have to do is, to change
$myFieldlist and $myTable

That's pretty easy isn't it?

I think it would be possible to generate you XML configuration from
$TCA, but I have to finish my project soon, so I can't do it now...

Nico