[Typo3-dev] eaccelerator benchmarking

Bartosz Aninowski bart at sonik.pl
Thu Dec 1 13:15:04 CET 2005

> I can not replicate this, at least with TYPO3. I get roughly equal
> performance with mod_php and fastcgi (a little less actually with fastcgi)
> using TYPO3.
>
> I'll do some more benchmarking, but I'm not too optimistic about such huge
> performance gains unless your website only outputs 'hello, world' using
> php. In this case a static html served with lighttpd is even wayyyyyyyy
> faster ;)

check also mod_fcgid http://fastcgi.coremail.cn/
I did tests with mod_fcgid and yes very simple page.
Today Typo3 tests:
Testsite first generation with mod_php4
Total parsetime:1973 ms
 with mod_fcgid
Total parsetime:1589 ms
Very important is also that mod_fcgid has nice process magangement.
I dont have any high load or cpu problems any more.