[Typo3-dev] Making a better access control

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Aug 24 09:43:07 CEST 2005

> bugs.typo3.org or the mailinglists for that sake, you would have found out
> that REAL access-rights on recordlevel are planned for a later release of
> t3.

good if so. But I made two minimal changes to two core files.

  I´m sorry, but core modifications of that sort and quality probably
> won't go into the core

I don't understand what was so wrong in my modifications.

> standards and lack of organization - and I´d be off!) - That´s why YOU
> SHOULD DO YOUR STUFF AS AN EXTENSION IF YOU WANT TO RELEASE IT

I don't understand how to do that without modification to the core
files. At least I should refer to myOwnClass::someFunction instead of
$this->someFunction in order to OVERRIDE the original function in the
class, where $this refers. I can't figure how XCLASS could override core
functions inside the class, where they are used without modification to
core files.