[Typo3-dev] Advanced user/user group TS config

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Fri Aug 19 20:12:29 CEST 2005

Hi

 > Why not me could present some idea - it seems that if I present some
 > idea it is always incorrect. Okay you want that I would never present
 > any ideas in this list.

I must agree here - you never seem to help, but only keep asking for
this, that and the other thing! Most of which is not needed.  If you
want these things so bad then offer some help, learn php, sponsor...

Ideas that are well constructed are fine I think, but most of yours seem
to be just random words strung together that never really make a lot of
sense.  Again this might be a language issue but at the moment it is not
helping.  Many of the issues you have raised are not really issues or
very very minor issues IMHO.

 > ok. But I wanted to hear first, what other people would like this idea.

What your suggesting is a longer page with more mark up, and more
complexity for the user (with checkboxes AND an editable field) and
longer download times, not to mention valuable time wasted by the dev
team to create, implement, and test... All so we can have more
conversations about all the redundancy that exists. NO THANKS!

NO I would definitely NOT like this. I think it makes far more sense for
  YOU to LEARN typoscript like the rest of us damn users. Typoscript is
fine and non-admin users should not be editing the user permissions - at
least on any site I have anything to do with!  If your an admin user and
CANT figure out how to edit these settings then chances are the need
doesn't really exists for this fine of control over the BE editing.

Typoscript is the core of the system and is essential for so many parts
of the system that there is lots of documentation on how it works -
perhaps in a sense to much documentation that it seems overwhelming to
begin with.  So if that is the problem and you feel you can't find what
you need to try to understand typoscript then guess what - help the
documentation team in some capacity.

 > But according to opinion I should newer anymore write anything to this
 > list.

perhaps not to the dev list - especially if you don't yet understand
typoscript!