[Typo3-dev] Switch beuser to admin temporarily

Keith Morrison keith_morrison at dfci.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 19 17:12:02 CEST 2005

Georg,

I never thought of it that way.  We built a backend extension that
allows users access to the news and calendar extension, to replace the
Typo3 workflow (my main problem with that being that in order to really
enforce a publishing process, tasks need to be assigned to a user,
rather than initiated by a user).  So they aren't using the Web->Page
module to create the News items, except that since I have to mount the
storage folder so that they I don't have permissions problems, if they
use Web->Page and click on the storage folder I run into that irritating
issue of having a list of News and Calendar items show up.  I ended up
modifying db_layout.php and removing tt_news and tx_calendar_item from
tables that are rendered as a list item.  That solved the problem!  Of
course, I had to modify a core file to fix it, and I never like to do
that... Makes upgrading that much harder!  But I'll explore the
Taskcenter option more thoroughly, as I've never really put it to work
for me in a robust way yet.

Thanks,
Keith