[Typo3-dev] Switch beuser to admin temporarily

Georg Kuehnberger georg_ml at kuehnberger.com
Fri Aug 19 01:39:50 CEST 2005

At 18:20 18.08.2005, Keith Morrison wrote:
>Wolfgang,
>
>Thanks a lot, that is what I was looking for.  Sometimes you just can't
>find the right keywords in your search to come up with the right result...
>
>Even though it helps in one area, it doesn't settle the real problem I
>seem to be having, that is--I want users to write to a central storage
>point for news and calendar items.  If I give them "Show" access,
>everything works fine, but if they use the "Page" module to view the
>storage page, they see all the records that have been stored there, and
>can edit them--and the whole point is to only let them edit the records
>they created themselves.  If I take away "Show" access, and still leave
>"Edit" access, then I get a permissions error.  I've tried coding it so
>that it would work if I don't give them mount the storage point for them
>(so that it doesn't show up in the pagetree), but I run into the similar
>permissions problem (even if I try to use "Everyone" access controls; it
>just needs to be a DB mount for them, it seems).  Since tt_news and
>extended_calendar are integrated into this workflow, I can't use the TCE
>object to create/edit those records with overriding permissions, at
>least not in a way that would make sense from an architecture
>standpoint.  Dilemmas, dilemmas...

Keith
a) being you I'd use a taskcenter > action for letting the chaps edit /
translate news-items (not the web>page or >list module)
b) being in taskcenter > action, checkout the source for creating BE-Users
= there you'd find the right select to ONLY allow to edit record who's
creator the editor is;
c) as taskcenter > action as a sysEXT, simply modify it to your needs and
pack it into typo3conf/ext ..... off you are for the weekend;

'njoy
regards g