[Typo3-dev] Switch beuser to admin temporarily

Keith Morrison keith_morrison at dfci.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 18 18:20:09 CEST 2005

Wolfgang,

Thanks a lot, that is what I was looking for.  Sometimes you just can't
find the right keywords in your search to come up with the right result...

Even though it helps in one area, it doesn't settle the real problem I
seem to be having, that is--I want users to write to a central storage
point for news and calendar items.  If I give them "Show" access,
everything works fine, but if they use the "Page" module to view the
storage page, they see all the records that have been stored there, and
can edit them--and the whole point is to only let them edit the records
they created themselves.  If I take away "Show" access, and still leave
"Edit" access, then I get a permissions error.  I've tried coding it so
that it would work if I don't give them mount the storage point for them
(so that it doesn't show up in the pagetree), but I run into the similar
permissions problem (even if I try to use "Everyone" access controls; it
just needs to be a DB mount for them, it seems).  Since tt_news and
extended_calendar are integrated into this workflow, I can't use the TCE
object to create/edit those records with overriding permissions, at
least not in a way that would make sense from an architecture
standpoint.  Dilemmas, dilemmas...

Keith