[Typo3-dev] sys_language uid = 0 ?

Carsten Bleicker bleicker at boros.de
Wed Aug 17 22:11:33 CEST 2005

hi folks,
maybe my page has 2 languages. english should be the default.
to work with the localisation tool in typo3 i have to create
2 different languages. so i will do that ...

english => sys_language:uid = 1 (default language)
german => sys_language:uid = 2

now i create a pagerecord with language uid = 0 (default)
what happens ...
i can localize now the default language (english) to english????

so, what about simply change the uids in sys_language_uid manualy?
english => sys_language:uid = 0 (default language)
german => sys_language:uid = 1

i know, uid 0 is possible in mysql but not in some other db.
but taking a look in the backend everything is fine.

i create a contentrecord and it's default (english uid = 0) and the
localisation tool works fine. and if there is no translated content for
german, typo shows me the default (0->english).

so why do i need the default value in the languageselection?

kind regards
carsten

ps: i'm sorry about my bad english