[Typo3-dev] The donation issue - please join this debate!

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Fri Aug 19 10:13:14 CEST 2005

Georg Kuehnberger wrote:
  > - Glad to be part of TYPO3 for quite some time by now I know:
>         - Significant developments are not done by 10$ (even not 400x
> 10$) contributions, but rather by significant contributions by a few;
>                 >> which leads me to: forget those group-actions on
> large scale

So you say that there are not enough people willing to donate small amounts?
Large Scale? You mean core development?
What about other projects like smaller extensions and the TemplaVoila
extension?

>                 >> and forget about the idea that yet another new tool
> would change the real-world-contribution-situation;

Yet another? Has anything new like this been tried in the Typo3 community?
I don't think we should just forget about new ways to do things even
before they are tried out. There are Typo3 people out there who are
willing to donate small amounts to different projects/extensions. But I
also think that there are reasons to why they don't, which can be solved
by things like fundable.org.

>         - Transparence is essential:
>                 >> this is / was already done on .com/ .org (I once saw
> it but don't find it anymore - was it deleted) similar to:
> http://www.skyrix.de/en/produkte/BYF/project_state.php

Yes, I do agree very much on this. You should be able to follow the
development state.
I also think that we could attract more people to Typo3 in general if
development activity was more visible.

> BTW:
> Me thought, we do have a CMS for realtime update of websites ... having
> a look at the ammount of content and frequency of change at eg.
> http://www.skyrix.de/en/produkte/BYF/project_state.php I'd guess we
> don't need yet another tool.

Don't understand what you are saying here.

> Just my two toughts following the subjects imperative;
> g night g

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

/Stig