[Typo3-dev] The donation issue - please join this debate!

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Fri Aug 19 10:21:03 CEST 2005

Valery Romanchev wrote:
> Hello
>

>>http://www.skyrix.de/en/produkte/feature-add/buy-a-new-feature.php
>>         Recent developments news line
>>         http://www.skyrix.de/en/produkte/BYF/project_state.php
>>         You want to make a contribution?
>>         http://www.skyrix.de/en/produkte/BYF/cof.php?id=4007
>

> Good example... But some links not works... So I think this site is not
> maintain properly
> (it means, that business model is not so good)
>

>>- Arrange ONE person being in charge for organizing,
>>executing and communicating not more than TWO such
>>developments (aka project-owner).
>

> Agree.
> I think the best way to go is to
> 1) establish official registered company, which will be responsible for all
> organizational job (only for organization... Not responsible for
> development!)
> 2) this company make "donation" web-site, register in MANY payment systems
> and organize payment, organization and "donation" web-site maintenance

In some way I like the idea about this company. But is it necessary?

> The tech background of web-site is not so important... No complex "donation
> collector script needed",  can be just manual updating.

If it's a company controlling this, I guess it's no problem as long as
someone actually carries this job out.
If not a company, I would rather depend on a script.

> About methods of payment:
>>From my experience, it MUST be many methods
> - by credit card (it cuts 5%, but it is the best way to collect small 50
> Euro donations)
> By http://www.2checkout.com/ or may be better:  http://www.chronopay.com/
> - by moneybookers, paypal etc
> - by bank wire (with invoice and all needed documents)
>
> About TemplaVoila:
> As I know some companies are happy to pay 500 Euro  (but not 5000 Euro) for
> making TV interface OK with Multilanguage etc

Okay, if the budget to get TemplaVoila finished is 5000 euro, it's
probably not a job for fundable.org.

/Stig