[Typo3-dev] templa voila new version, when ?

Jens shocktone at gmx.de
Tue Aug 16 18:14:42 CEST 2005

Hi Michael,

Im not using TV cause its more simple- I actually started with TS and think
this is still the basis.
You have to use it some time to actually understand what typo3 ist about.

I think the most important feature on TV is to build sites with a "custom"
backend. This has alot to do with flexform also.
Its not a problem to create a site with TS and CSS. Maybe it doesnt even
take any longer.
I just dont like those generic content elements which have too much or not
enough features.
I like to build a backend that exactly does what the user needs. Cause I
want to make it as simple as possible.
I had great results with TV. Just the non functioning Frontend Editing holds
me back from actually using it with customers.

"Anyway, TYPO3 does work without TV and has done so for a long time. "
At least for me TV is the future. Other people might think different but
many will agree.
Of course TV might not be practical in every situation. So everbody has to
decide for himself.

Greetings Jens.