[Typo3-dev] Is cObj->DBgetInsert going to be obsolete?

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Mon Aug 15 03:20:57 CEST 2005

> * My opinion is that it has too many functions already. I prefer a
> deeper class hierarchy, eg a real tslib_pibase base class, and eg a
> child class for db listing.

Indeed, it is overloaded, somewhat confusing and has incomprehensible
method names. Especially that link stuff would need some slimming and
systematization.

I would like a triad, a model-view-controller structure. Something like
struts for the TYPO FE.

In the MODEL the database stuff.

In the CONTROLLER workflow configuration by XML.

In the VIEW merley definitions of services for:

* The link stuff (it all ends in a typolink on closer examination)
* Form library that evaluates a modified TCA to support rapid form
generation, checks and detail views.
* List views
* Navi bars etc.

By simply exchanging the "service provider" you should ideally be able
to switch the views between XHTML, PDF, Flash and other types.

Elmar