[Typo3-dev] utf-8 standard in TYPO3 4.0?

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker at no5pam.blackbox.net
Thu Aug 4 13:21:26 CEST 2005

"Thorsten Kahler" <thorsten.kahler at dkd.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1123147136.2237.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

> Basically our ideas are about
> 1) having a TYPO3 service for email
> 2) changing all mail functions to use this service
> 3) providing a new and hopefully better and well documented API

Fully agreed.

What I would like to see is the separation of mail transport and mail
generation. Mail transport would deal with calling PHP mail(), or doing an
SMTP connect, etc. Mail generation, well, generates mail code

I strongly support 3): a new API. Perhaps t3lib_html can be converted as a
backward compatible wrapper for the improved API.

Masi