[Typo3-dev] utf-8 standard in TYPO3 4.0?

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Thu Aug 4 11:19:11 CEST 2005

Hi Andreas,

Jan-Erik Revsbech and I have exchanged some ideas about consolidating all
mail functions and functionalities of TYPO3. Happily we both had very
similar ideas about what should be done. But didn't find the time to check
if and how it could be done.

Basically our ideas are about
1) having a TYPO3 service for email
2) changing all mail functions to use this service
3) providing a new and hopefully better and well documented API

IMHO these changes should be done for version 4.0.

Regards
Thorsten