[Typo3-dev] utf-8 standard in TYPO3 4.0?

Andreas Schwarzkopf schwarzkopf.no.spam at artplan21.de
Mon Aug 1 17:58:41 CEST 2005

Hi Robert,

two issues wich I know:

1) Email handling - there are approx. 4-5 mailing functionalities in
TYPO3 (backend+frontend). Not all of them are configurable, e.g. via
notification_email_charset. For the frontend it would be the simpliest
way, automatically to convert all notification mails to
$GLOBALSE['TSFE']->renderCharset.
direct_mail does not belong to core, but it also uses some t3lib mailing
classes. By the way it would be great, if these mailing functionalities
could be consolidated to one configurable base mailing class??

2) The charset of the TYPO3 mysql database is latin1/swedish on default;
it would be an issue to check if it makes sense to set it to utf-8; but
it may be it would require MySQL 4.1??

gtrx

Andreas