[Typo3-dev] TER License Problem

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue Apr 19 17:59:16 CEST 2005

Sven Wilhelm wrote:
> Hi,

> the terms for uploading extensions to TER say that code has to be GPL.
> BIG PROBLEM for many other open source projects to include.

That's got nothing to do with TER. An extension to TYPO3 is by
definition GPL, whether you upload it to TER or distribute it otherwise.
You can still use libs that are newstyle BSD or LGPLed, but not PHP- or
Apache licensed.

This might be a restriction, but I prefer TYPO3 being GPLed and not
using those libs to having a more liberal licensed and TYPO3 being
turned into proprietary products...

Greetings,
Michael