[Typo3-dev] TER License Problem

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Tue Apr 19 18:29:28 CEST 2005

> That's got nothing to do with TER. An extension to TYPO3 is by
> definition GPL, whether you upload it to TER or distribute it otherwise.
> You can still use libs that are newstyle BSD or LGPLed, but not PHP- or
> Apache licensed.
but under the current conditions you can't build an extension that holds
libraries used by your extension and upload to ter.
Only one extension to point out (which I use) is rtehtmlarea (bsd
license, not gpl) and there are many other more, I'm sure.

I don't want to kickstart a flamewar. But one thing is broken, the usage
of the ter or the terms of the ter.

> This might be a restriction, but I prefer TYPO3 being GPLed and not
> using those libs to having a more liberal licensed and TYPO3 being
> turned into proprietary products...
I'm also no fan of proprietary formats. I only describe the facts of the
current TER terms.

Greets Sven