[Typo3-dev] Integration of Formular System into the core?

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Tue Apr 19 14:21:48 CEST 2005

> I tested all three existing extensions and each of them has nice features.
> However, they didn't completely suit my needs so I dared to create another
> frontend forms code library. These were my goals:
>
>   - Must be very easy to use and run out of the box with three lines of code
>   - Must be very flexible to configure, everything overridable with
>     userfunctions etc.
>   - Must support forms with multiple steps and automatically handle entered
>     information in a session
>   - Must render fields automatically by using TCA information but also
>     custom fields which don't exist in TCA
Most parts are practically with HTML::QuickForm.
The last point would need a wrapper.
My often self-asked question is, if there is a need to redefine the
wheel everytime?
Using external projects and integrate them into the core has the big
advantage that a bigger userbase reviews the code and integrate new
clean features.
I develope fe-extensions with HTML::QuickForm and it's really nice to
see how to reduce codelines, including validating, set-defaults,...
Most parts of such formular exts are rendering including multilanguage
support, coding infinity each time.

Does anyone research external projects before starting the own way?