[Typo3-dev] Integration of Formular System into the core?

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Sat Apr 16 20:30:49 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

Michael Scharkow wrote:

> As is sad custom with T3, this has been invented several times as
> extensions:
>
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/julle_feedit/ (2003)
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/sr_feedit/ (2004)
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/cwt_feedit/ (2005)
>
> The numbers refer to the time of last update. The last is well
> maintained, but does not use TCA, so this would not be an option for me.

Yes, and I even created yet another one!

I tested all three existing extensions and each of them has nice features.
However, they didn't completely suit my needs so I dared to create another
frontend forms code library. These were my goals:

  - Must be very easy to use and run out of the box with three lines of code
  - Must be very flexible to configure, everything overridable with
    userfunctions etc.
  - Must support forms with multiple steps and automatically handle entered
    information in a session
  - Must render fields automatically by using TCA information but also
    custom fields which don't exist in TCA

The extension works so far and the structure is well-defined, but many
details still have to be implemented. I plan to release my frontend forms
extension together with a major update of the rlmp_eventdb extension.

My hope is that after releasing this fourth extension, we might agree on a
common way to go and concentrate on the development of only one of them.

--
robert