[Typo3-dev] Integration of Formular System into the core?

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Fri Apr 15 18:36:20 CEST 2005

Sven Wilhelm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm at the devel work of an extrem formular driven extension for the
> frontend. As also in the past the most work on such extensions is the
> coding of the formular logik and partly the rendering.

Could it be you just want the $TCA infrastructure for the FE, this would
seem the most useful approach. This way, you could have an extension
tca, and similar to the kickstarted display features, you could you say:
Let this be editable in the FE, and stuff will be editable!

As is sad custom with T3, this has been invented several times as
extensions:

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/julle_feedit/ (2003)
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/sr_feedit/ (2004)
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/cwt_feedit/ (2005)

The numbers refer to the time of last update. The last is well
maintained, but does not use TCA, so this would not be an option for me.

Greetings,
Michael