[Typo3-dev] Integration of Formular System into the core?

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Fri Apr 15 12:46:18 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm at the devel work of an extrem formular driven extension for the
frontend. As also in the past the most work on such extensions is the
coding of the formular logik and partly the rendering.

There are many well known and powerfull Formular Systems outside, e.g.
in the PEAR. Whats up with the idea to research such systems and
integrate one of this systems into the core.

Could be that I'm coding false and I do not know such existing benefits
of the core, but I don't think so.

I had a look on HTML::QuickForm and it seems to me a good candidate.

What are the wanted features?
* The possibility to use a html based file for most of the rendering
  * with possible caching of the structure
* Easy to use form to describe the form (oo-way, php-arrays, xml-based)
* Validation logic
* Easy build of wizard based forms

Well all that is also useable if it exists as an extension, and will be
the first way. But the benefit for many fe-extensions could be high and
a lot of individual coding could be unnecessary.

Perhaps a top for TYPO3 4.0???

Greets Sven