[Typo3-dev] change for FE user passwords

Patrick Gaumond patrick.gaumond at fsa.ulaval.ca
Sat Apr 16 14:04:53 CEST 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> Same is true for the password field option. Yes, it's a pssible security
> breach, but some admins (help desk users) might want to read the password of
> the users.

Usually you want to give Helpdesk administrator the possibility to
override the "old" password without knowing it. Then he gives end user a
new one that the HD guy know until the end user changes it to something
else...

I've alway enjoyed this default password for Oracle:

"CHANGE_ON_INSTALL"

It's boring to enter and a good reminder that you should do something!

Patrick