[Typo3-dev] How to fill second selector box dynamically in BE?

o.schuit at solin.nl o.schuit at solin.nl
Fri Apr 15 23:41:23 CEST 2005

Hi List,

In the backend, how do you dynamically fill a selector box, based on the input in a
previous selector box?

I've come across various options to dynamically fill a secondary selector box, based on
your input in a first selector box -- for menu structures. But I wonder how this is done in
BE forms?

I think this technique would not only be helpful to users, but also be good to guard the
data integrity -- not to pick on the otherwise excellent chc_forum, but in this particular
extension you can make a new posting record -- in the backend -- and select a category
A, and a conference B, while B is not a child of A (as it should be).

Cheers,
Onno