[Typo3-dev] typo3 admin on seperate port

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Mon Apr 18 09:05:23 CEST 2005

Vikram Mandal wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I need to run the typo3 admin on a seperate port (security reason).
> What options do I have? Is some  setting within  typo3 possible?

TYPO3 does not know anything about ports, that's a webserver issue.

> May be we can configure a virtual host for the "/typo3" to run on  a
> seperate port. What implication could  it have on the functioning of the
> rest of the site?

Not AFAIK.

> BTW, I am not sure if we could configure a virtual host on Apache to run
> on a seperate port.

I guess that's not possible, but you can always have another apache
instance listening on a different port.

BTW, what exactly does moving /typo3 to another port add to security,
compared to apache access control?

Greetings,
Michael