[Typo3-dev] typo3 admin on seperate port

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker at no5pam.blackbox.net
Mon Apr 18 10:36:42 CEST 2005

"Michael Scharkow" <mscharkow at gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1113807924.30779.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Vikram Mandal wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I need to run the typo3 admin on a seperate port (security reason).  What
>> options do I have? Is some  setting within  typo3 possible?
>
> TYPO3 does not know anything about ports, that's a webserver issue.

True, but it could require a specific port to run. Just as you can force the
BE to SSL.

Should be simple to add "forcePort" to the install options and add a check
to the BE script.

>> May be we can configure a virtual host for the "/typo3" to run on  a
>> seperate port?
>
> Not AFAIK.

You could try some rewrite magic like doing different rewrites/status codes
depending on port and path. I think it can be done, but it'll be a hell of a
setup.

Hacking TYPO3 will be much easier ;-)

Masi