[Typo3-dev] Splitting backend module into several files.

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Apr 13 20:59:12 CEST 2005

Arne Skjaerholt wrote:

> I am currently working on a backend module which is intended to function
> as an administration panel for a frontend module I'm working on as well.
> Now, I'd like to split my code into two files. One file that does the
> presentation of input forms (index.php) that POSTs to another file
> (action.php) that does the actual work specified by the forms. There's
> only one problem: the entire page I get from Typo3 in index.php
> (mediumDoc FWIW) is wrapped in a big honking <form> tag that links to
> the index.php script, so any forms I specify simply POST to index.php,
> not action.php as I intended. Can any of you guys think of any good ways
> to work around this?

What about changing the <form ...> tag in the beginning of your module to your
needs or even remove it (hint: $this->doc->form) but be aware ! i don't know if
it is simply possible to remove this (pherhaps it will make the closing </form>
tag even if theres no opening.

The "principle" of a BE module should be that it posts all data to itself and
processes that.

could you explain why you want to split the file which processes the data ? Rather
put some code which should get shared between FE and BE in some separate class
files.

greets,
Bernhard