[Typo3-dev] Clear Cache

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Apr 2 13:51:26 CEST 2005

Lars Houmark wrote:
> Are you with me know? If not, try having a look at an installation, with fx.

I understand you.

You mean you have for example a parameter "&tx_myext_pi1[showUid]=123" and this gets
stored in the cache-record so that the page generated with this paramter has its own
cache entry.

The problem is that the URL is stored as a hash in the cache_pages table. So you can't
delete all records with a specific ID as you would have to take in concern that the
parameters could be juggled.

So :
?id=14&tx_myext_pi1[showUid]=123
has not the equal hash of
?tx_myext_pi1[showUid]=123&id=14

so you would need to delete all hashes with all possible combinations of the parameters to
make sure all entries for a specific record uid get deleted.

I think I would make it the simple way and delete all cache entries for this page ...

if you have so many records on a single page it would maybe be easier to spread the records
across severall pages by some record property and then delete just the concerened page.

this would minimize the effect.

greets,
Bernhard