[Typo3-dev] Clear Cache

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Mon Apr 4 11:40:14 CEST 2005

Hi Lars,

On typo3.org we had the same problem: The documentation page would (and
does...) contain thousands of cached instances of the same page. So when
I made that I introduced the "reg1" field to the cache_pages table. The
idea was that FROM AN EXTENSION you can set the value of "reg1" (for
instance to the uid of a tt_news record) and it will be stored with the
cache version of that record display. That means now the page cache
could be flushed with "WHERE page_id=[page] AND reg1=[uid of tt_news
record]".

So, *somewhere* in TSFE object you should find an internal variable
which - if set from your extension - will be stored with the cached
page. And from your "mod" script you can now flush the cache with this
in mind.

However: I need to create an API by which you can flush the page cache
with a function call rather than homemade SQL. This is not fully ready
yet (except from what Bernhard has pointed out).

- kasper