[Typo3-dev] Configuring Plugins for non-admin users?

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Mon Nov 29 18:19:22 CET 2004

Hi *,

I am thinking about adding flexform configuration for my fe plugin in
addition to regular TS configuration. The point is not only the per-page
configuration (although this is nicer than ext templates or conditions)
but rather the possibility for non-admin users to configure the plugin.
Lately I accidently worked as non-admin on a site with
flexform-configured plugins (tt_news and the new guestbook) and the
flexform fields were unavailable to me. I know this is mostly a desired
restriction, but *can* it be configured in $TCA or elsewhere that
non-admins may change plugin configuration?
And what other options are there besides fiddling with additional
tt_content fields which is deprecated?

Greetings,
Michael

PS: I am really not sure if this belongs into typo3.dev. Sorry if it
doesn't ;)