[Typo3-dev] any extension developers need html/css templating?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2004 at typo3.com
Wed Nov 17 16:17:17 CET 2004

> And since I've seen www.csszengarden.com (and believed what I saw
> three days later), I think everything is possible without tables...

Of course it can. But what if I don't want to?

There is some religiousness about CSS where the most sacred place is a
heaven of only <div> tags with classes/ids, isn't there? Now; does this
really make sense? Is it really so much easier to use? Or is it just
different?

I agree the <table> tag is for information and not layout. But it is
popular and easy for layout. Why didn't someone in the past suggest the
hypothetical <grid> tag as a consequence of this situation: That could
have been standards compliant, semantic and a very nice tool in a
traditional webdesigners tool box.

Thanks for the funny debate and have a nice evening!

- kasper
All work and no <table> tags makes Jack a dull boy...