[Typo3-dev] any extension developers need html/css templating?

Christian Jul Jensen christian at jul.net
Thu Nov 18 10:47:57 CET 2004

Kasper Skårhøj <kasper2004 at typo3.com> writes:

> There is some religiousness about CSS where the most sacred place is a
> heaven of only <div> tags with classes/ids, isn't there? Now; does this
> really make sense? Is it really so much easier to use? Or is it just
> different?

As I see it, it's not a question of whethet it's easier or not. It's a
question of seperation of content and presentation. (that's the
business where in, remember?), the table/grid tag certainly doesn't
support this seperation. But most modern validating websites using
only css and xhtml doesn't either. And it's a good question whether
it's really possible within reasonable resources to make dynamic
websites that are.

I know some of you guys probably can, but it does put some
restrictions to what the designer can do.

> All work and no <table> tags makes Jack a dull boy...
> All work and no <table> tags makes Jack a dull boy...
> All work and no <table> tags makes Jack a dull boy...
> All work and no <table> tags makes Jack a dull boy...

:)

--
-julle