[Typo3-dev] any extension developers need html/css templating?

Arco arco at appeltaart.mine.nu
Wed Nov 17 08:12:54 CET 2004

Christopher wrote ..
> The one part of getting a Typo3 site up and running that I often spend
> more time on than almost any other is re-writing the various html
> templates - usually from scratch - so that I can use *minimal* css to
> style them. No offense meant to anyone but, as I've mentioned before on
> the user list, the css *and* the html markup in many extensions is, in
> my opinion, much, much too complex...

It's hard to get thinking into CSS after abusing tables for so long.
And I don't think I speak for myself that most coders are terrible in changing their way of thinking... 8-)

> *It occurs to me that this might really only work well with new
> extensions, because older extensions may have been written around less
> streamlined html/css...

Or give the existing extension makers guidelines to make it even better.
Most "bugfixes" I do are html/css related.
And because of the knowledge I need a lot of time to get such things right.

Arco