[Typo3-dev] any extension developers need html/css templating?

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 03:19:37 CET 2004

Hi listizens,

I've been trying to think of something I can donate to the community
that's a good fit with my skill set, and I wanted to make an offer to
the various extension developers on the list.

The one part of getting a Typo3 site up and running that I often spend
more time on than almost any other is re-writing the various html
templates - usually from scratch - so that I can use *minimal* css to
style them. No offense meant to anyone but, as I've mentioned before on
the user list, the css *and* the html markup in many extensions is, in
my opinion, much, much too complex...

Anyway, it occurred to me that since this is an area where I have some
ability, I could offer to help out with this end of extension
development for people if anyone's interested.

I'd sort of envisioned rewriting markup and rewriting or adding more
sophisticated css (with comments for usage) to extension templates when
people are doing dev work towards initial or new releases of their
extensions.*

Does anyone think this is a good idea, or do you think I should go play
somewhere else? :)

-Christopher

*It occurs to me that this might really only work well with new
extensions, because older extensions may have been written around less
streamlined html/css...

-C