[Typo3-dev] How about a news group about typo3.org?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Nov 8 22:17:03 CET 2004

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [netfielders] wrote:

> Not talking about the forum itself, of course there are many which support
> it. I am actualy talking about the mails which are sent back end forth.
> The forum should automaticly display in the correct way if mails are
> coming in, like typo3.org and the archive does analyse those mails. Of
> course for the other way, mails send from the forum to the listserver
> should also contain the correct headers for threading.

There are two options:
- The web phorum communicates with the mailing list
- or it does so with the news server

Since mailing list and news server are kept in synch, both should be
possible.

There is a project called "Papercut", maybe finds this useful?

http://papercut.org/

--- cut ---
Papercut is a news server written in Python. Its main objective is to
integrate existing web based message board software (Phorum is one of the
supported ones) with an Usenet front-end. However, its extensibility
enables developers to write their own containers for the storage of the
Usenet articles (messages). That means that the code is extensible enough
that _you_ could write new containers to integrate the news server with
other web message board projects or even other ways to store the messages.

Regards, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html