[Typo3-dev] new standard templates

Patrick Gaumond patrick.gaumond at fsa.ulaval.ca
Tue May 25 04:54:01 CEST 2004

"Michael Stucki" <mundaun at gmx.ch> a écrit dans le message de
news:mailman.1.1085435336.9285.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

> This extension should introduce a new category on typo3.org [1]: Templates

It's essential !

> > 2. the key "default_static_templates" is a bit long, any proposals for a
> > shorter name ?
>
> Maybe "default_templates"?

defaultstatic_tmpl ?

> Eventually, we should define a naming scheme for template extensions right
> now.
> My suggestion: stucki_template_supercooldesign (user id, "template", name)

Is the creator id relevant ?

hotterthanhell_tmpl seems enough to me...

> > Next bit I would like to do is to write a quick manual (from my notes)
on
> > creating such a template extension, and start building one new one that
> > should hopefully start a series of new templates.
>
> That would be great! Would it make sense to extend Renes document[2]?
> [2] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tmpl_green/

Maybe it's a bit too early but since we're trying to build a complete
"Template & Navigation" manual[1] that try to finally regroup every bits
available on the Template subject you could organize your documentation as a
"chapter" for the manual.

[1] http://t3wiki.garbage-group.de/index.php/Templates_%26_Navigation
(Notice: It's a temp location. Final URL should be available in 1-2 weeks)

Patrick