[Typo3-dev] new standard templates

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Mon May 24 23:48:53 CEST 2004

Dear Stephane,

> So here is a quick description of what I have:
> each default template has its own directory in the extension. That
> contains the static definitions (constants, setup, include_static),
> tstemplate configuration editor data (screenshots), and all related files
> (pictures, bullets, buttons, static html files used by the templates,
> ...).

Cool!! :-)

> 1. is it worthwile I finish this work off, and publish it

I think yes.
This extension should introduce a new category on typo3.org [1]: Templates

> 2. the key "default_static_templates" is a bit long, any proposals for a
> shorter name ?

Maybe "default_templates"?

Eventually, we should define a naming scheme for template extensions right
now.
My suggestion: stucki_template_supercooldesign (user id, "template", name)

> 3. Can we drop the "compatibility-3.5" fixes and defined the minimum Typo3
> version requirement of 3.6 for these template extensions to work ?

I think yes, because nobody will attempt to remove the static templates from
TYPO3 3.5.0.

> Next bit I would like to do is to write a quick manual (from my notes) on
> creating such a template extension, and start building one new one that
> should hopefully start a series of new templates.

That would be great! Would it make sense to extend Renes document[2]?

Regards, michael

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/categories/
[2] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tmpl_green/
--