[Typo3-dev] extension reviewing

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Sun May 16 17:40:14 CEST 2004

 *hiya!*

 On Sat, 15 May 2004, Volker Biberger wrote the following:
> Hmm. Starting up my own company I totally understand your point of
> view. On the other hand some well done tuturial would have helped me a
> lot when starting with typo3 6 months ago. Please understand my point:
> on typo3.org it is all there, but as a beginner you lack the "selective
> perception" one needs to understand what topic and what tutorial covers
> the exact problem I have.
 Right.

 The "problem" is that you have to think so much about how to do this
 and that with Typo3 that you can't concentrate on the really important
 parts of your work (= functionality)!

 You won't sell with "Wow, my product integrates well with Typo3" but
 rather "Hey, it does this and that and serves all your needs AND
 it integrates well with Typo3" makes your client happy!
 So I don't think we get a problem by describing what we actually do to
 make it work (and more important HOW we do it to make it right, there's
 no need in thousands of hacks while there's one clean solution available
 already! We just need to SHOW them where it is! (and make a note for
 ourselves as a reference))

 My point of view is that this will first of all increase quality and
 secondly productivity (as stated above).

 And YES I think that's part of the open source idea in general!

 bye
 Wolfgang