[Typo3-dev] extension reviewing

Volker Biberger info at sitekick.de
Sat May 15 09:33:05 CEST 2004

> With a lot of people dumping prices by now I am not sure how to feel about
> giving away every knowlegde we had to search for.
> I simply dislike the idea of giving away everything (!) for free - it's like
> sawing on the branch you're sitting on.

Hmm. Starting up my own company I totally understand your point of
view. On the other hand some well done tuturial would have helped me a
lot when starting with typo3 6 months ago. Please understand my point:
on typo3.org it is all there, but as a beginner you lack the "selective
perception" one needs to understand what topic and what tutorial covers
the exact problem I have.

Would it be a solution to offer training? We could develop
trainingdocuments that every developer can access. These can be used to
offer trainingsessions to beginners. So firstly the work of the
developers would be funded, secondly other people would be enabled to
develop with typo3 and finally giving training you learn as much as the
person you train.

Just a thought, I would be interested to hear your opinion on this.

Volker