[Typo3-dev] DBAL: Call for sponsors

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Fri Mar 5 23:28:09 CET 2004

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> BUT I do plan a RC3

Without an RC2? I guess I misunderstand you, but never mind. I'll just
patiently await any coming releases.

 > - mostly because it becomes more and more apparent
> that I have to take a week to update stuff in the Extension Manager
> before 3.6.0 comes anyways... (for instance that Extensions can be
> depending on a specific TYPO3 version...! I'm sick of those mails about
> "newloginbox" and soon that will be the same for any other!)

Thought about suggesting that already.

But now that you're bringing on the subject, perhaps it'd be the best to
add a minimum and a maximum version number rather than a single version.

An extension author might know that the code worked since 3.5 and up to
3.7. This will be especially true for extensions that rely heavily on
extension of core classes - those dirty hackers ;-)

Another idea was to add a field for the hompage of the author's company.
  It might encourage them to publish their extensions.

Masi