[Typo3-dev] How can i get the japanese language extension?

Martin T. Kutschker Martin-no5pam-Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Fri Jun 18 15:15:09 CEST 2004

UMEGAKI Masahiro wrote:
> Hi,kasper,
>
> I have misunderstood some. i understood TYPO3 cat only process
> the japanese as a utf8 multibyte text. i will check this feature,
>  and report whether it works well.

Japanese BE strings could either be stored in UTF-8 or alternatively in
Shift-JIS. Typo3 has (native) string handling routines for both
encodings. Actually Typo3 is currently configured for Shift-JIS. But the
charset can only be set *once* at the beginning of the translation process.

> i want to translate TYPO3 into japanese, but i don't have time
> and capacity. i have to read documents more, and will consider
> whether or not i can do that.

AFAIK, there are tools that let you translate all the stuff string by
string. You don't have to code anything.

Masi