[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 on a Knoppix CD?

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Thu Jun 17 23:27:15 CEST 2004

Dear Kasper,

> What about it? Doesn't it sound like a great tool every one could really
> benefit from? If I just knew how to do this I would love it as an
> evening fun-project. But I don't. We need someone who knows how to
> customize Knoppix for this and someone who can create the testsite
> including the presentation framework around it.

Well... This idea came up a few times already. Some time ago I had this on
my own todo list for the Debian packages but recently I didn't like the
idea anymore.

If one creates such a CD, that's fine. I just don't believe that this can be
useable (but of course, I do not work for a marketing company so my
interests might be a bit different than some of yours...).

When such a CD will come out one day, please(!) remove all utilities that
help people to install the Knoppix contents to a partition on the harddisk
(they are part of the default Knoppix installation).

Of course it's easy to install TYPO3 this way, and of course everything will
run just fine (same like the WAMP-Installers). But these installers are not
meant for a productive server! I simply hope that nobody gets around the
idea of making installation easier with such a CD...

My 5 Rp. :-)

- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html