[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 on a Knoppix CD?

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Thu Jun 17 23:27:32 CEST 2004

Hi *,

> What about it? Doesn't it sound like a great tool every one could really
> benefit from? If I just knew how to do this I would love it as an
> evening fun-project. But I don't. We need someone who knows how to
> customize Knoppix for this and someone who can create the testsite
> including the presentation framework around it.

the idea is very great.
Michael Stucki and I had such an idea long time ago to build a little
Debian-based distribution for Typo3 after the debianizing is finished
(was just an idea, nothing fix).

As Christoph Thiel said, it shouldn't be Knoppix because it's blown up
stupidly and isn't really a clean sarge oder sid (dirty mixed).

An interesting alternativ could be gnoppix which is basically a woody
only with backports of gnome.

Also the idea that it should be small is very important.
You won't try to keep a big cdrom in your pocket, the small cds are the
maximum and have ~200 MB.

For customization it's a good idea to not providing an image of that,
but an imagebuilder. Could be something like jigdo but with the
additions of the personal style (perl on commandline and if someone has
fun on gui-programming a gui for the personal settings).

I would help in such a project but not before end of july.
Before that time my personal queue is full.

Greetings Sven