[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 on a Knoppix CD?

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Thu Jun 17 23:13:27 CEST 2004

Hi list, hi Kasper,

this indeed sounds great to me! And I think there's someone going to go
to København before July, 1st who could help you with this :-))

What about adding the install packages, documentation, videos(?), some
wide-spread extensions and the recommended (free) additional sw to the CD?
The drawback is, that it would be easier for any newbies to get Typo3
running. So it's harder for us to teach them why they need additional
services from some pro's.
But they would also be faced  to the complexity of the system which
would lead the more understanding amongst them back to us - the rest
perhaps will heavily encumber the mailing lists :-}.

It could be a way to tie some less technically oriented people to our
community. Do we need them? Just take a look at the latest activities of
the documentation project! I think it's worth taking the "risk" (if
there is some at all), at least to spread the word.

Regards,
Thorsten